Tennessee Volunteers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide: Game Preview
Can the Vols pull the upset?
Share this tale
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on Twitter
Share All sharing alternatives for: Tennessee Volunteers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide: Game Preview
The Tide are up next on Tennessee’s routine. Picture by UA Athletics/Collegiate Images/Getty Images
It certainly won’t be the 3rd Saturday in October as soon as the Tennessee Volunteers (2-2) take from the Alabama Crimson Tide (4-0) on the weekend, however the game means simply the identical to the Vols turn to disturb the Tide and obtain their period right straight right back on the right track.
Here’s what you need to understand.
Once more, this matchup features two programs heading in contrary instructions. Alabama simply keeps chugging along, while Tennessee is wanting to get their means yet again. The Volunteers started 2-0, but things went south after that. Georgia and Kentucky handed Tennessee their first couple of losings for the period in convincing fashion.
Alabama, having said that, sits at 4-0. They held down an upset scare from Ole skip, then managed the number 3 Georgia Bulldogs one week later on.
The Crimson Tide lead the series that is overall 56-38-7. They’re presently on a 13 game streak that is winning the show, dating most of the long ago.
Alabama current rests as a 20 point favorite.
Things To Watch Out For
- Just just exactly What into the global globe will Tennessee do at quarterback? We saw three dudes under center for Tennessee against Kentucky and Jeremy Pruitt hasn’t invested in anybody to date this week. Could it be Jarrett Guarantano once again? Is Brian Maurer ready and healthy for their shot? Or will Tennessee begin the Harrison Bailey age? Where does J.T. Shrout fit?
- Above the rest, Tennessee must enhance things in the return front side. Seven turnovers within the last three halves of soccer won’t enable you to beat anybody, significantly less Alabama.
- Exactly just just How will the Crimson Tide play following a win that is massive Georgia? It had been the first ‘game of this year’ within the university soccer globe, so Tennessee could possibly be getting Alabama in a disappointment spot.
- Can Tennessee make the most of a substandard alabama protection? The Tide ranks just 61st of 77 total groups as a whole protection thus far. Alabama pitched a shutout into the last half against Georgia only one week after stopping 647 yards to Ole skip, so which work will Tennessee log on to Saturday?
- RB Eric Gray: Gray doubled the quantity of carries that Ty Chandler saw against Kentucky, plainly the greater amount of effective straight back against the Wildcats. Expect Gray to undertake a good amount of work with the moving game aswell.
- WR Josh Palmer: Palmer has to be more included in this moving attack whilst the clear WR1. Tennessee will probably need to keep rate, so seek out Palmer to obtain a huge amount of action right here.
- LB Henry To’o To’o: just What else are you able to state about it man? He’s often the most readily useful player regarding the industry and defectively requires some assistance from their offense. Expect a lot of collisions with To’o To’o and Najee Harrison on Saturday.
- Edge Deandre Johnson: Alabama likes to toss the ball these full times, therefore benefiting from stress may be vital. Johnson is just one of the players that are few can win a single using one matchup for the Volunteers.
Alabama Crimson Tide
- QB Mac Jones: 90-115, 1,518 yards. 12 TDs, 2 INTs.
- RB Najee Harris: 83 carries for 499 yards, 6.0 YPC.
- WR DeVonta Smith: 38 rec. for 483 yards, 4 TDs.
- WR Jaylen Waddle: 25 rec. for 557 yards, 4 TDs.
We would besides put the Alabama that is entire offensive and receiver John Metchie III on here too. Aim is, Alabama is just a well-oiled device with this part of this ball, fresh away from scoring 41 points on which numerous consider to function as most readily useful protection within the land. Not much has to be stated right here — Tennessee will probably have its fingers complete on every degree Saturday.
We’ll see should they can create a result that is similar this past year, that has been one of many better protective performances from any group against Alabama in 2019.
But, this offense may become more complete. They are able to fall into line and run through you, you do not bring the safeties down because they’ll go right within the top.
Injuries Observe (non-COVID associated)
OT Wanya Morris: Pruitt called him ‘day to day’ on Monday having an ankle damage.
QB Jarrett Guarantano: had been referred to as ‘banged up’ this week. Tennessee has repped numerous quarterbacks aided by the very first group.
QB Brian Maurer: Hamstring, leg
CB Alontae Taylor: Gametime decision
LB Jeremy Banks: Gametime choice
DE LaBryan Ray: Questionable (Elbow)
TE Carl Tucker: Questionable (Hamstring)
Alabama is just a three touchdown favorite for the explanation, plus they appear to be getting Tennessee in the most useful time that is possible. We’ll see just what the Vols do at quarterback, but either means, it does not appear to be Tennessee gets the firepower to steadfastly keep up.
Pruitt provided Saban their most useful shot, and you also understand how poorly he desires that one, but I’d be astonished in the event that Tennessee offense is preparing to compete for the victory on Saturday.